Event listings are "detail" pages that show key information for upcoming live events published to our Events Calendar:
To create a new Event Listing:
- Login to your Artist or Venue account.
- Click the round, yellow "Create New Content" button near the top of the screen (see image below).
- From the dropdown menu, click, "Event Listing":
- Fill in all required fields:
Event Listing Fields:
- Event Type checkboxes (required): "Live performance" (checked by default), or "Audition", which you'll check if you're a Venue holding a band audition, or a band holding a musician audition.
- Title (required): Enter or paste-in a descriptive title for the Event.
- Date/Time Fields (required):
- Single-Day Event checkbox(checked by default): For Events that do not span multiple days.
- All-Day Event checkbox: For Events that do not have a specific start or end time.
- Repeating Event checkbox: For Events that repeat on different days. Check ("tick") this checkbox to select how often the Event will repeat (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly), and how many times.
- Start & End Dates: If the "Single-Day Event" checkbox is ticked, the End Date field is hidden. The "No End Date" checkbox is ticked by default (since most events are one-day affairs). Un-ticking this checkbox makes the "End Date" field active.
- Venue (required): Click the box, then type the first few letters of the name of the Venue that is hosting the Event. If that Venue is in our database, click on it in the dropdown list that appears. If it is not found, click the green "New Venue" button to quickly add the joint.
- Artists (required): Every Event must have at least one performing Artist. Click the box, then type the first few letters of the name of a performing Artist. If that Artist is in our database, click on them in the dropdown list that appears. If they are not found, click the green "New Artist" button to quickly add them. If multiple Artists are performing, after you've added the first one, click in the box again, and repeat the previous steps for each Artist. Artists will be displayed in the order entered (first to last).
- Event Costs (optional): Available options are:
- Unknown (default): Leave this as-is if you're not sure about the Event cost.
- Free: If selected, a "Courtesy of" textbox will appear, where you can add some credit text (such as the Band and Venue Names, or other sponsoring entity).
- Donation Requested: For Events where donations are recommended. You can include additional details in the "Description" field, if desired.
- Free - Tickets Required: For Events where a ticket is required, but at no charge. If selected, a "Tickets Website URL" tetbox will appear, where you can paste-in a website address for ticket information/purchase (if desired).
- Cover Charge: For Events where there is an entry fee at the door. If selected, a textbox will appear where you can add additional info. (such as the fee amount).
- Paid - Tickets Required: For Events where a paid ticket is required. If selected, a "Tickets Website URL" tetbox will appear, where you can paste-in a website address for ticket information/purchase (if desired).
- Event Description: Enter a summary description about the Event (500 characters max.).
- "Add Tags" button (optional): Click to add tags (from "canned" list), such as "Indoor", "Charity", "Encore Performance", etc. These tags will appear in the listing as clickable yellow "pills" (alongside the Event musical genres), and can be selected as an additional "filter" when running a LiveMusicMegaSearch™ (on the homepage), to narrow the search even further.
- Event Image (optional): Upload an image for the Event. This is typically a "poster"-style picture. If you don't upload a custom image, the default LiveMusicColorado.com Event image will be displayed.
- Featured Image (optional): Upload an image that will appear in the "Featured Events" section of our homepage, if the Event has been designated as "Featured" by an Administrator. These images are displayed as 200x200px squares, so the closer you get to that, the better it'll look.
- "Publish Event" button: Click to post the Event to our Events calendar. If any rquired fields have not been completed, they will be highlighted with yellow bars.
Reviewing, Opening & Editing your Artist Listings:
To edit an Event listing you "own", search for it using either LīveMusicMégaSearch™ (on the homepage), or click "Events" on the main navigation bar, and type the first few letters of the Event Title (or even an Artist name) into the white search-box at the top-left, and click the green "magnifying glass" button. Once the Event correct listing is displayed, click the green "Manage this Event" button (at the top & bottom of the screen), then click "Edit", which brings up the "Edit Event" screen (shown above).